Congratulations on your new Ferrum Forge!
Although knives are solid chunks of steel, they still need some care to get the most out of your knives
- Use Caution: You guessed it, the knife is sharp
- Wash by hand right after use. To keep it looking as bright and shiny as possible, dry immediately.
- Use a cutting board. Cutting boards protect your knife and help keep the knife sharper for longer. Wood cutting boards are the best option. Avoid plastic when possible.
- Use a honing rod and/or strop to keep the edge razor sharp. It will maintain the edge apex while removing little to no steel. Free sharpening is available whenever your knife needs a full re-sharpen.
- Do not put into the dishwasher.
- Spotting and staining: Products like BarKeeper's Friend, Brasso, and other metal cleaners will remove surface staining and hard water scaling to bring back the knife's full polish and shine.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to request sharpening service.